Its never too early to make decisions about your future. Freecall 1800 200 422

It’s never too early to talk about getting some extra help.  Knowing what services are available before you need them will help you be prepared to make decisions about your future.

What Services are available?

My Aged Care can help you access service at home which can improve your wellbeing and help you stay independent.  Receiving help with regular activities at the right time can help you manage better at home.

You may be eligible to receive services such as:

  • modifications to your home like rails and ramps
  • household jobs like cleaning and gardening

Are you eligible for services?

A call to My Aged Care can help you understand:

  • what services may be available
  • how much they cost
  • how you can access them
  • My Aged Care may arrange a face-to-face assessment of your care needs

Who pays for services?

The Australian Government contributes to the cost of aged care services.  You are expected to contribute to the cost if you can afford to. How much you pay depend on:

  • your financial situation
  • the number and types of services you receive
  • the service provider
My Aged Care Logo

How to access services?

Call My Aged Care on FREECALL 1800 200 422

  • You will be asked questions over the phone to help work out your needs and care arrangements – this can take at least 10 minutes.
  • You will need your Medicare care.
  • If you are calling for someone else, they will need to give their consent.

Have a face-face-assessment

  • My Aged care may arrange for a trained assessor to come to your home.
  • With your consent they will assess your care needs and eligibility for services and work with you to develop a support plan which addresses your needs, goals and preferences.
  • Someone else can be with your during this visit.

Find out about costs

  • My Aged Care and services providers like CVHMMS can give you information about costs.  You will be told if you need a financial assessment.

Choose Services

  • Clarence Valley Home Modification and Maintenance Service can help provide modification and some maintenance work to assist you live independently in the community and remain in your home longer.  The major emphasis is on maintaining safety, access and independence.
  • Your assessor and My Aged Care can also help you find other service providers in your local area that meet your total needs.

For more information

Visit My Aged Care website

Contact CVHMMS to discuss your needs

Discover what an Occupational Therapist can do for you

Fact Sheet

Get Adobe Reader
View Documents Get Adobe Reader

Charter Home Care

Home Care Commons Standards